Détail de la mission
CA 17 International is looking for a Team Leader for an EU Project on “Policy implementation in the areas of agriculture and climate action in the framework of the Sector Reform Contract “Transformational Climate-Smart and inclusive agriculture in Rwanda””. The team leader will be embedded at MINAGRI. As focal point for the technical Assistance to the sectors’ donors, he will be closely coordinating with and reporting to the EU Delegation in the framework of the Sector Reform Contract implementation.
He will be in charge of the overall management of the project, the monitoring and evaluation of the Technical Assistance, managing selection, mobilisation and supervision of short-term expertise, ensuring enhanced coordination within technical ministries.
The specific objectives of this project are to:
- Support the sector policies design, implementation, monitoring and coordination in the areas of agriculture and climate action in agriculture;
- Contribute to effective implementation of the sector reform contract.
The outputs expected include:
- Improved institutional capacities of MINAGRI, MOE and related implementing agencies in policy analysis, designing, effective implementation and monitoring; strategic resources mobilisation and legislative development, following a gender sensitive approach;
- Effective implementation of Rwandan monitoring, reporting and verification mechanisms in the context of UNFCCC and Paris Agreement, in particular in the area of climate adaptation in agriculture, following a gender-sensitive approach;
- Enhanced coordination at sector level in the areas of climate action in agriculture;
- Enhanced outreach of research findings and innovative experiences in Rwanda in the area of climate action in agriculture;
- Enhanced quality and inclusiveness of policy dialogue between the EU Delegation and Government of Rwanda in the framework of the sector reform contract “Transformational climate-smart and inclusive agriculture in Rwanda”;
- Enhanced public service delivery and public accountability in the areas of agriculture and climate adaptation in agriculture in Rwanda.
In this context, the Team Leader’s profile should meet the following requirements:
• Master’s degree in Economics, Agriculture economics, Agronomy, Public administration, or equivalent professional experience of at least 12 years;
• Proven management, coordination and leadership skills;
• Proven knowledge of public policies and programmes/project in the area of agriculture and climate action in agriculture;
• Proven knowledge in capacity building in public institutions;
• Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing; at least C-1 level proficiency in English;
• At least B-2 level proficiency in French.
General professional experience:
A minimum of 12 years of experience is required. Minimum requirements:
• At least 10 years of experience in project management in the sectors of agriculture or climate change;
• At least 8 years of experience in advising or implementing policy-based strategic planning in the agriculture and/or environmental sectors;
• Professional working experience managing sector budget support (Sector Reform Contracts).
• Similar experiences in Sub-Saharan African countries
Specific professional experience
• 6 years successful professional working experience in supporting institutional reforms and strategies in relevant sectors for this technical assistance;
• At least 3 professional working experiences as team leader, managing experts’ team;
• At least 2 professional working experiences embedded in technical ministries or national implementing agencies;
• At least 3 professional working experiences in institutional capacity development (including elaboration of capacity building plans, training needs assessment and experiences in training, etc...);
• Professional working experiences with local or decentralized authorities; Professional working experience in twinning and peer-to-peer;
• Professional working experience with the EU.
Deadline for submission: November 18th, 2022
Pays / Région
48 months / 880 working days