Key decision-makers from the Georgian agricultural sector, as well as executives from the Ministry of Agriculture’s «Advisory to Farmers» service, took part in the study trip to France.
The topics covered during the study trip were as follows:
- Background of the organisation and development of the French agricultural professional organisations and extension system;
- Overview of the institutional and operational environment of French farmers;
- Ways of organizing cost-effective machinery use;
- Diversification of farm enterprises;
- Cooperatives of producers for processing and marketing of their product in the milk, vegetable and wine sectors;
- Food distribution and food products quality management;
- Agricultural credit;
- Role of the French State in the development of agriculture.
The study trip was part of the ARET (Agriculture Research Extension and Training) project which aimed to develop consultancy services for farmers in Georgia.
- Organization, coordination and animation of the study trip
- Mobilisation of experienced trainers in:
– Organisation of advisory services to farmers;
– Organization of the profession;
– Schemes for diversification;
– Marketing and communication;
– Quality Control
FRANCE / GEORGIA
Sector of activity
AGRICULTURAL AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Men - months
World Bank / DFID
0 à 500 000€