The final phase 7 of the PASEL was a phase of transition from the project approach to full ownership of local actors and their project management. The program lasted 4 years (August 2015-July 2019) with degressive technical and financial support from the implementing actors over the duration of the program (Ministry of Livestock, Local Authorities (75 municipalities and 3 regional councils: Tillabéry, Dosso and Maradi), Structures of the Rural Code (national and deconcentrated) and organizations of the pastoral civil society).
The aim was to facilitate a process of self-assessment by the programm actors in order to encourage them to take a critical look at the different aspects of management of the business cycle, their roles and responsibilities, to assess results and effects, draw lessons learned and propose possible adjustments to ensure the achievement of objectives at the end of the program.
The results achieved at the end of this mid-term self-assessment were:
- Establishment of the level of achievement of results and production of effects by the program;
- Analysis of the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the approach and means used to achieve the objectives;
- Assessment of progress towards achieving the Program impacts’;
- Analysis of the sustainability and ownership of the actors’ approach and their capacity to assume responsibilities without risk of deviation from the program’s principles and values;
- Identification of success and failure factors and lessons learned;
- Recommendations to the different actors and stakeholders for the consolidation of the acquis and in the pursuit of a new support and financing of the livestock sector.
Sector of activity
AGRICULTURAL AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
November 2017 to January 2018
Men - months
Swiss Cooperation Office in Niger
0 à 500 000€